Sunday, January 19, 2020

Our Joy Would Be Full

Wow-week 6 was a week of miracles!

Teresa, a lady we are teaching, has been working at a hotel on Sunday for years and we have all been praying that she will be able to find a way to come to church. Tuesday we met with her and she said "Hermanas, the hotel I am working at is not having a lot of people come and business is slow so I don't really work anymore and I'm trying to find a new job." She said "I can come to church now on Sundays. I guess that's a good thing even though I don't have a lot of work right now!" We are so sorry that her work is slow (that is definitely NOT what we were praying for) but we know that she will be able to get another job and she feels that it is the Lord providing a way for her to be able to come to church. It is amazing the faith she has. She and her son came to church and knew some of the members from when they came a long time ago which was awesome! 

We also had a family home evening this past week. We are really trying to grow the branch and are hoping that having a family home evening 2 times a month is a way to grow the branch. There are usually about 20-30 people who come to church and at the family home evening we had 14 people which was a bigger turnout than we thought there would be!

 Also 2 members who haven't come to church in MANY years came and really enjoyed it! So that was such a blessing. 

Some sisters in our district made me cookies for my 15 month mark which was so nice.




We also went to a delicious Hawaiian Bar-B-Q place this week.

A very funny thing happened to me this week. We were walking back from a lesson to walk a member home and we walked passed a marijuana dispensary and I was so distracted that I missed a step and I fell in the middle of the street. 

The Member and all of us were dying of laughter. We kept knocking doors and then I noticed I got a nice cut! 



This past week was transfers and I found out that I will be staying in Lompoc with Hermana Giddings so we are both excited! I am so excited to be in Lompoc for another transfer. I love Lompoc so much and it really feels like my home here. 

We have some awesome people we are working with and the members here are awesome. 

There is a scripture that I was reading this past week that really stuck out to me. It was talking about missionaries in the Book of Mormon:
"And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."
All the experiences I have had on my mission-the good, bad, difficult and easy-have all been worth it. I love my mission a lot and have really felt the joy that comes from helping others come closer to Christ. 


I am excited for another transfer here in Lompoc! 

**A Note from her Mom - Please pray for her safety as she travels by car and bike!
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036


This is the direct link to her blog.