Sunday, October 27, 2019

Small and Simple Things

Wow! Week 6 of this transfer went by very fast. 

Here is a picture of all of the missionaries in my District and a picture of me and my companion.



Tuesday was sports night. 



Sports nights are always great because there are a lot of non-members who come and it is a great way for them to be introduced to the Gospel. 

As a mission we have a project going on that we did last year as well. It is an opportunity for the members to pray and think about someone that could really use a Book of Mormon. Then, we get the Book of Mormon with the name of the person they were thinking of engraved on the Book. It's been really nice being able to go to members' homes and introduce this project. We did this project last year and we are really excited to do it again this year. 

This week we got to do service! It was great.






This week we also were working with Gabby. We have been teaching her for about 3 months. She has not been able to come to church and we have tried to set up lessons at the church just so that she can feel the difference at the church. She has never been able to come but Saturday she came for a church tour and she said she felt peace in her heart that she has not felt in a very long time. She also said she would be baptized November 30th! So we are very excited for Gabby! 

This week we found out about our transfers. I am leaving Santa Barbara. I will being staying in the same Zone but will be in Lompoc with Hermana Della-Pianna. 



Also I will be on bikes! I am excited. It should be a really great experience! 

There is a scripture that I love that talks about how the Lord works.
"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." 
I have really noticed this week how the Lord works his miracles. The Lord works by the small and simple things which cause great things to happen. This week I have really come to appreciate the small things that add up into big miracles. I know that the Lord works through simplicity so that all can understand Him. 

I am very excited for this next part of my mission! 


**A Note from her Mom - Please pray for her safety as she travels by bike!
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036

This is the direct link to her blog.