Sunday, December 23, 2018

Yep - It's broken!

This week was a busy week! 

Last week I hurt my finger pretty badly playing basketball. I thought I had just jammed it but it kept getting more painful and bruised so finally last Monday the mission nurse and my companion said I needed to go to urgent care.
Image result for urgent care clip art

We drove all over town to find one that would take the mission insurance and we ended up seeing a really great doctor. I found out I have 2 bad breaks and had to see an orthopedic surgeon.

This is my actual x-ray. We saw him Thursday and he didn't like how close the break was to the joint. He said he would have to do surgery if it got worse. Thankfully this morning I found out I won't be needing surgery! I go back on January 3rd to make sure it's still healing and won't require surgery. Can you believe I played sports for this long and now is when I break my bone! Haha.

Other than all that craziness life has been good. We had our ward Christmas party which was fun!  Here I am with my new brace. The doctor said the little splint wasn't enough support.

A lady we are teaching was struggling with coffee and we told her we would have to change the date of her baptism. She got very disappointed and I guess that's the motivation she needed! She gave us her coffee to throw away and she hasn't been drinking since. What a miracle! She has so much faith! 


We got to go to the temple with our recent converts. It was an amazing experience. We did baptisms with 2 Hermana's from the Long Beach mission which was cool. They brought 2 recent converts and it was cool to see how happy everyone was!

 I am excited my next p-day will be Christmas! Looking forward to calling back home! 
Image result for christmas clipart manger scene


Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036

Email: lily.pita@myldsmail.net


This is the direct link to her blog.