Monday, February 11, 2019

It's Raining It's Pouring

This week there was SOO much rain! It rained almost every day. I'm so glad I bought some rainboots! 


I went to hand therapy this morning and that was painful-lol. Started out with some heat which felt good then an ultrasound. Then she moved on to workouts and a massage and then she tried to bend it and that hurt so much! After that, I got hooked up to these things that make my muscles spasm and it hurt but a good kind of muscle ache hurt. I go back in 2 weeks so we will see.



Tuesday was a missionary leadership training up in Oxnard and I went up because my companion is a training leader. I got to spend the day with some Hermanas up there, one of whom served in Simi last transfer, so it was really fun to see her again.

It poured rain one day and it seemed like nobody opened the door to let us in. It was a fun day, though the streets flooded, but Simi Valley is so green now which is pretty. 




This week we didn't really find any new people to teach but we have really been trying with the people we are teaching to help them progress. Transfers are next week so we will see if I am staying in Simi or moving. I'll be finishing up being trained which is crazy! 

I have definitely been blessed with the language. I always struggled studying Spanish in High School but it's amazing how quickly Spanish comes now. I am nowhere near fluent, but I have felt that God has helped me and put words and sentences into my mouth and has helped me to be able to understand what people are saying. 



I'm excited for this last week of the transfer. It's been a good transfer and I definitely have learned a lot! 



Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036

Email: lily.pita@myldsmail.net



This is the direct link to her blog.