Sunday, April 28, 2019

Happy Easter!

Wow! This week has flown by! 

Monday we met up for exchanges. Our Hermana training leader came up and we spent the day together. We had a great time! 

We knocked a door of someone who had been taught previously and she opened the door and said to come back the next day. The next day we had another exchange and I was with our Hermana Training leader's companion. We went back to the lady's house the next day and she let us right in and we were able to teach her a great lesson! 

Thursday was my companion's birthday. 
It was fun! We taught some lessons, went out to dinner, and had some cake. 

Friday we met with all the other missionaries in our district and it was a really great time. I learned a lot. I had hand therapy a little later in the evening and then we went over to some member's homes and taught some lessons. Here we are at hand therapy.

One of the members has chickens and I got to hold some.




Sunday was great. Easter was really a good day. We went to church they talked a lot about the atonement of Christ and how repentance is joyous. I love what Tad Callister said in the past general conference that "with increased understanding (of the atonement) comes an increased desire to forgive ourselves and others."  Here is a link to his talk. I have seen this on my mission with people we meet, people we teach and with myself. I am so grateful that we were able to remember Christ's sacrifice this past Sunday. 

Tomorrow we have the opportunity to go to the temple. We are going to the one in Fresno.

I haven't gone since Mexico so it's been about 5 months. I am really excited!

**Please Note - she has a new email address - listed below.
Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036

Email: lily.pita@missionary.org
This is the direct link to her blog.