Sunday, May 12, 2019

Even the Tiniest of Things

This week was a good week. This was the last week of the transfer. I found out that I will be staying in Morro Bay with my same companion for another 6 weeks! This is a beautiful area.




Tuesday we helped a lady move and it was really nice! She has a lot of member friends but she had never seen missionaries before. 

Wednesday we got to go to a family in the ward who is preparing to go to the temple. 

Friday we really wanted to try some new ways to find people who speak Spanish. We decided to go into a taco shop that just opened. 

We had previously met the owner's son when we were out walking and we went to the taco store and met lots of people who speak Spanish. We got some addresses and phone numbers. We even got a return appointment with the owners son and he gave us some free soup which was really nice!  

This week I really realized that God helped us and is over us in everything and cares even about the tiniest of things. Every day I eat toast for breakfast and I was like, "Man, I wish I had some paper towels to put my bread on".

It was such a small thing but then an interesting thing happened. We were at a member's home and we were leaving. She was so kind and gave us 2 big bags full of groceries; granola bars, string cheese, fruit, veggies, canned chicken, hamburger buns and other groceries. 

We thanked her and we were almost out the door and said, "Wait! You don't have any paper towels do you?" and she goes and gives us paper towels. It was such a small thing but I knew the Lord was aware of every need that I have even if it is something as small as paper towels. 

I'm looking forward to another 6 weeks in Morro Bay! 

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036

Email: lily.pita@missionary.org


This is the direct link to her blog.