Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Learning of Hope

This week was a good week! 

Tuesday we had interviews with President Nakken. They went really well. President told me that he has seen such a change in me which was really great to hear. He said my Spanish is really coming along and that I am showing great confidence.

A huge miracle that happened this week had to do with us trying to find new people to teach. We have been trying very hard but with limited success. We looked through our area book and saw that there was someone who missionaries tried to contact in 2015. She was progressing a lot but moved and missionaries could not get ahold of her and she wouldn't respond to texts or calls. We decided to send a text to her and she responded almost immediately and gave us her address. We met her Monday and taught her the Restoration. The next day we went back and she read the whole pamphlet and prayed about it. She said it brought her peace and happiness when she prayed. We are seeing her tomorrow so we are really excited to see her again. 

We went on splits with the YSA sisters to try to find people who speak Spanish. It was really fun. We ended the week down in San Luis Obispo with our family night with those that speak Spanish. We are really trying to grow the group here in Morro. 

This transfer, we made a goal to develop a Christlike attribute and I thought I would try to develop hope. 

This week I read a general conference talk that talked about the saints who made the trek to the West. It said that it was very hard and that many people died and suffered on the journey over. There are many journal entries of the saints and suprisingly so many of the entries were positive. In the talk called Rock of our Reedemer by Elder Wilford Andersen, he says "They had learned that hope, with its attendant blessings of peace and joy, does not depend upon circumstance. They had discovered that the true source of hope is faith." Our success is not based on our outcomes. I love the examples of the saints and how they continued to press forward and endure to the end. 

A lot of the time enduring to the end sounds like a long and tiring process but I love the promise that we have when we have hope. We are able to go through good times and bad times and still have peace and joy in our lives. That is something I have seen for members and people we have taught that they are able to find joy and hope when their circumstances aren't the greatest. 

Here are a couple of pictures from the last few weeks.

I am excited to start another week here in Morro Bay! 

P.S.
My Mom edits and publishes my Blog for me. To email me, my address is: lily.pita@missionary.org