Sunday, July 21, 2019

Immerse Yourself in the Scriptures

This week was such a busy week. 

Tuesday we had interviews with the Mission President and then exchanges. I got to be with Sister Pace. It was fun. We served around each other when I was down south. 


We met some cool people. At the end of the night we decided to stop by this one house of a family who just moved here from Mexico about a month ago. They said "Come on in" and we got to teach them the whole restoration and they loved it. It was such a miracle. 

Thursday we had exchanges again. I got to be with Sister Jacobson. We went back to visit this family and they had read the pamphlet we gave them and they also said they have been reading the Book of Mormon every night as a family and they were pretty far into 1 Nephi. I got to drive on that exchange. It's been a while and I somehow managed to get a huge branch stuck to our car.



Finally I got to be back with my companion. We had just met up again when a person we used to teach, Aurelio, called us and said "Hermanas, I will be at your church in 15 mins." So we got the Elders to come along with us. He said he had been so depressed and sad since he stopped meeting with us and he said he has cleared up his schedule to meet with us regularly and come to church. He also accepted to be baptized August 24 which was amazing so it was a week full of miracles. 

Here I am playing basketball on our Preparation Day!

I have been reading the Book Of Mormon again and have been studying along with the seminary manual. It has given me a lot of different perspectives. One quote that I loved about the promise of reading the scriptures was from President Spencer W. Kimball. He taught: “I find that when I get casual in my relationships with divinity and when it seems that no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is speaking, that I am far, far away, if I immerse myself in the scriptures the distance narrows and the spirituality returns." This is so true. Wherever our spirituality is - when we read the scriptures our connection with God becomes a lot closer. 
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036



This is the direct link to her blog.