Sunday, September 15, 2019

The Pure Love of Christ

Wow! This week was amazing. 

Tuesday my companion had a leadership meeting so I got to go on a split with Hermana Southard. There was a lady who we have been trying to meet with and our schedules were just not lining up. We got a call from her Tuesday morning asking us if we could help her fill out a job application, so we went to help her fill it out. When we were done, she pointed to our Book of Mormon and goes, "Okay, now I want to hear this". So we taught her about the restoration and set up a return appointment for the next day. 




We had a lesson with her at a member's house and it was awesome! She said that a few days earlier she had been praying to God to help her find His church then she told us "and then God sent you two!" It was such a miracle! 



This has just been a really great week! ALSO Hermana Mejia and I found out we are staying together for another transfer (another 6 weeks)! We were SO exited when we found out! We had a great lunch one day at Wild Buffalo Wings which is Hermana Mejia's favorite restaurant.



Jenny Oaks Baker is coming to our area for a couple of performances. She is a Grammy nominated American violinist and former member of the National Symphony Orchestra. She has performed as a soloist at Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center, just to name a few. She is also a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! We got to deliver invitations around the city to her upcoming concert. I can't wait to go!



We had a fun activity on our Preparation Day this week. 



We also got to eat some delicious food. A Peruvian family that we know has a restaurant in their backyard.  It was super good food.



This week I was reading about charity. I really loved a scripture that is found in the Book of Mormon in Moroni 7:45;47. It says, 
"And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things...But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him."
I love all the descriptions of charity. I can really see on my mission how many people have shown me charity. The other day at church, I complemented a woman who was wearing some really pretty earrings. Before I left, she called me over and gave them to me. I was in awe of her Christlike love for me and I am striving to have increased charity to those around me. The pure love of Christ really does make a difference to those around us.
I am excited for another week, and also another amazing transfer! 


A NOTE FROM HER MOM:
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036

This is the direct link to her blog.