Sunday, December 8, 2019

Grateful for Trials and Blessings

Wow this week was a CRAZY WEEK! 

Tuesday we got a phone call and found out that Sister Brown was going to join us and that we were going to be in a trio. She is serving in the Mesa Oaks Ward that is here in Lompoc. So this past week we were able to cover 2 Wards which was crazy but so fun! 

Thursday was Thanksgiving and we got to go to two meals: a member in the Branch and a member in the Mesa Oaks Ward - so we were stuffed. 


We taught so many lessons and our schedules were jam-packed. Sports night was amazing. We had lots of people come: some less active members; some friends we are teaching; and some great members who are fellowshiping. We stopped by a great bakery this week and couldn't resist.


Saturday the Mesa Oaks Ward had a baptism and we had been able to meet with Pedro, the man who got baptized several times this week. He was so prepared and receptive and loves the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was amazing to see him take the step to baptism. 

One of the biggest miracles on my mission happened this past week. We have been teaching Florencio for the past 6 weeks. He has been progressing and so receptive to the gospel. He was all set to be baptized, but the people who he is living with were all moving out, and he was going to have to move out as well. He had no place to go and the closest relative was in Santa Maria. He had 10 days to find a place to stay and a place in Lompoc was not an option. We did not feel comfortable with him being baptized here and then moving the next week, because he had so many other things on his mind and we did not think it would be giving him his best opportunity to remain active in the church. Saturday was his last day in Lompoc and we called him to say goodbye. 
He said he was with the Branch President who was helping him move. We said "Oh to Santa Maria?" He said "No, Presidente found me a room to stay at a member's home!" It was such a miracle and the Lord provided a way. Florencio came to sports night and church and has so much fellowship. 

Here is a picture of us at the Los Angeles temple.

And here we are getting our flu shots!

I can not even express how much I love being a missionary and seeing miracles everyday and how aware God is in every aspect of not only missionary work, but our lives. We had an amazing lesson at church about faith. In Ether 12:6 it says,
"And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."
A lot of times we have to be tested first to recieve the blessings of the Lord. We learned that faith without works is dead, but also works without faith is dead as well. We need to not only do the things the Lord has asked us to do, but do it with faith. 

I have absolutely loved this transfer and have grown and learned so much. My testimony has grown and I am so grateful for every trial and blessing the Lord has placed in my mission so I can learn and grow. 
I found out that I am staying in Lompoc and training a new missionary. I am nervous and excited, but I know that the Lord will help me and I am so grateful that missionary work is not my work, but God's work. It was sad to say goodbye for now to some old friends but I'm so excited for the new friends I will make!

I am excited to start another transfer! 

**A Note from her Mom - Please pray for her safety as she travels by bike!
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036
This is the direct link to her blog.