Sunday, December 22, 2019

I Know God is Mindful

Wow what a week! 

It has been a super crazy busy week but it has been a good week. 

I got to go to Ventura on an exchange with my old companion, Hermana Della-Piana's companions. We had a blast. Ventura is amazing. It is both of her companions' first transfer in the field and they are both doing amazing. The next day we had follow up training in Oxnard and it was fun to see so many missionaries. I learned so much. I learned some great ways to help my companion learn and grow and how to help our area. 

This week was a little stressful because Florencio, our friend who was getting baptized, was having some second thoughts. He did not want to fail after baptism and he was very hesitant. We explained that baptism is the first step down the right path. On Saturday night he wouldn't answer any of our calls or answer the door. Sunday, the day of his baptism, we couldn't get in contact with him, and he did not show up for his baptism. We were so blessed because the Elders had 2 people who were getting baptized. It definitely was hard when Florencio did not show up to his baptism. 

After the baptism, we had about an hour left of the night. Hermana Giddings and I wanted to end the night on a high note. We decided to go visit a member who missionaries had never seen who lived a little further out. We knocked on their door and a girl a little older then us answered. We got to know her on the doorstep and she let us in. She is amazing! She has had to raise her brothers her whole life and she was so inspirational with her life story. She told us she used to go on hikes with her mom and her mom would tell her to look at the trees and the rocks and notice how they are so big and she can't move them. 

She said those rocks and trees are like our trials; they are big and heavy at times and we can't move or change them, but God is the one who guides us on the path so that we can get over them and keep moving forward. 

I love a scripture in Alma 26:37 it says:
"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."

I know God is mindful of Florencio and every person we are teaching. I know God knows the needs of each one of us and he knows the needs of me individually. The Lord has blessed me so much on my mission and in my life. I love this work so much. During the follow up training meeting I just felt so strongly the importance of this work and how much of a blessing and privilege it is to be here on a mission.


I am excited for this upcoming week!
**A Note from her Mom - Please pray for her safety as she travels by bike!
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036


This is the direct link to her blog.