Monday, March 4, 2019

A Hard Week but I Made it Through

This week a lot happened. 

There was a lot of opposition with our recent converts not wanting to come to church, our people on date for baptism having second thoughts, and people not wanting to meet with us anymore. It was a frustrating week but looking back on it I'm grateful that I can say I made it through! My companion and I treated ourselves to ice cream - we thought we deserved it after the week we had.


We went to a Panderia where they sell different types of Mexican bread. It was so good! 


Our hot water went out Thursday and we finally are getting it fixed but it has been a long week of cold showers. Here is our new water heater. It's about to get installed.




A miracle this week was a person we were teaching came to church which was so nice. After church a member had us over for lunch and I got to try cactus (nopales) for the first time and it was so delicious! Then, the Branch President had us over for dinner. 




Sunday was just an amazing day I am so grateful for the happiness and peace that comes from going to church and taking the sacrament. 

Today we went on a really awesome hike into a cave (pictures to come later). 


I am grateful for the hard times. Even though I don't like them, they make the good and happy times so much more special! 

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036

Email: lily.pita@myldsmail.net




This is the direct link to her blog.