Sunday, March 31, 2019

Heading North

This week was a great week! 

Tuesday was a walk day which means we walk everywhere up until dinner which was fun.

A miracle was at the end of the day, a man was walking on the street and was really interested. We got to give him a pamphlet and eventually went back later in the week and taught him 2 times and he has a Book of Mormon so that was really cool. Also on walk day it was funny because we knocked on a door. This guy came out and said "I would like one of your books". It was the easiest Book of Mormon I've ever given out Haha. 


We have been able to teach lots of people this week. We are continuing to try to find people and work with members. Here are some enchiladas that a member made this week and 
my favorite food, sopes, that a hermano made for us.





One of our lessons got canceled and we decided we would try something new so we went to a Mexican grocery store and tried to talk with people there. It went pretty well and we got a few return appointments! We went to a panederia and got pan de marranito which was delicious.




Sunday my companion who trained me came to the mission and I got to see her on Sunday. It was awesome to be able to catch up and see her again! 




Sunday night I found out that I'm moving to Morro Bay.



I'm really excited to head to the north part of the mission! It's the farthest north that we can go and Simi Valley is the farthest south so that's fun! 

I am so grateful for the time I've spent here in Simi, my first area in the mission. I have learned so much and have met so many people.

 It will be sad to say goodbye to people here but I am so grateful to see the miracles and help of God in this work here in Simi Valley! 


**Please Note - she has a new email address - listed below.
Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036

Email: lily.pita@missionary.org





This is the direct link to her blog.