Sunday, June 9, 2019

No Effort Wasted

This week was a good week. 

I can't believe it has already been 4 weeks into this transfer. This week we taught our friend Juan. He has been taught for over a year and he said he will be baptized! His baptismal date is June 15 so we are super excited for him! 
Tuesday we taught our friend Amelia. We taught her the gospel and the Word of Wisdom. We told her how our bodies are temples and we need to not be acted upon by things that could be addictive like drugs, alcohol, tea, coffee and tobacco. She said she really likes coffee. We said "Okay-well we can make a plan and help you". She goes, "Oh no! If it is for God I will just quit coffee right now". It was such a miracle and we are excited to work with her. We are really trying to help her get to church. 

We had exchanges Friday and Saturday. I went to Santa Barbara. It was really fun. We got let into a lot of people's homes and saw so many miracles. I am so grateful for this area I am serving in. I am grateful to be serving here because I have really learned to be thankful for the small things. We were out tracting one day and we felt prompted to knock a door. 

We knocked and a lady opened it right away. She was Hispanic and we were able to talk to her for a while.

The Lord will direct us and by small and simple things big things will come to pass. I love the scripture in 1 Nephi 16:29 that says, "And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things." 

One of my companions previously had told me that no effort is ever wasted. 

I know that God is aware of everything we are going through and every sacrifice we make whether it be big or small.
Thank you to everyone for all your love, support and prayers!

**A note from her parents:
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036


This is the direct link to her blog.