Sunday, February 2, 2020

Blessed to Share the Teachings of Christ

Wow this week was a crazy week! 

Tuesday we had exchanges. I stayed in Lompoc with Hermana McNabb and we had a great time. We used the bikes and locked them. We went to knock one last door before we headed back home and when we came back to the bikes, the chain had been cut and the bikes had been stolen. The only thing left was a half cut chain and our helmets. We had a long walk back to the apartment, and now we use our car all day which is good. 




We had a lesson with our friend Teresa. We brought a member and they connected so well. We talked about baptism and Teresa said she would like to be baptized. We asked her if she feels ready to work towards a date and she told us she will be ready to be baptized in 2 or 3 weeks. We had already prayed about the 22nd of February and she accepted the date! A couple days later we went by and she said that she had received a confirmation that baptism is what she needs to do. We were so excited. She said, "I feel so many good emotions come over me and I feel like my heart is so happy when we kneel and pray." She came to church this past Sunday and we are so excited! 

The work here is going really well. I am loving being with Hermana Giddings and learning so much from her. 

I am so grateful to be here in Lompoc. I really love it here. 

There is a scripture I love in 1 Nephi 13:37. It says: 


"And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be."
I have been so blessed to be able to share the teachings of Christ and I have really felt the blessings and the Lord paving the way for our people we are teaching. 

This has been a really great week and I look forward to another week here in Lompoc.

**A Note from her Mom - Please pray for her safety as she travels by car!
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036

This is the direct link to her blog.