Saturday, February 8, 2020

Milk and Cereal - A Simple Gift

This week went by so fast! 

I got to go to Santa Maria on an exchange with our training leader Hermana Bullough. We had a really great time together and I learned so much from her! 


This week we continued to teach and find. Nothing too different happened. A person let us in to teach them and they asked how much money we get to do missionary work and when we told them we pay for our own missions they went in their fridge and got milk and a box of cereal for us! 



Here is a picture of us at Sunday dinner:

I also got an email this week saying the mission would be replacing our bikes so we'll be back on 2 wheels soon.


This past Sunday we had a great lesson at church. The teacher talked about the condescension of God. There is a scripture that she shared:

"And the angel said unto me again: Look and behold the condescension of God!"
Condescension means the voluntary descent from a position of rank or dignity. It is amazing to me that Christ came to the Earth and suffered everything for us. He went below everything and overcame it so that we can overcome everything as well. 

I have learned so much about my Savior and I feel so privileged to be able to share the joy that comes from Christ and His teachings. 

I am excited for another week here in Lompoc!

**A Note from her Mom - Please pray for her safety as she travels by car!
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036


This is the direct link to her blog.