Sunday, February 23, 2020

Finding New Understanding

This week suprisingly seemed like a long week. A lot happened. 

Monday, Teresa and Junior called and she just could not find a job so she left to Bakersfield so we were pretty bummed. We tracted a lot this week which was good. We found some new streets that we had never knocked so it was fun. We met a man who had these beautiful orange trees. I was admiring them and he invited me to pick some which was so kind and they were so delicious!


Wednesday was Zone Conference. It was really fun. They talked a lot about Preach My Gospel and how we can apply it in our missionary work which was good. It was really fun to see a lot of my friends there! 



The Elders and us have been thinking of ways to grow the Branch and we decided to throw a thank you party to the Branch saying thank you for everything they have done for us. 

We were expecting 10-15 people there at the most and 30 people came with 10 less active people who have not come to church in a very long time. We were so excited! The Lord has really been blessing us in our efforts to strengthen the Branch. 
Sunday, a family we are teaching came to church and we were very excited that they came! 

Sister Lee and I were on splits in Solvang.
Some other sisters gave our car a "heart attack" which is where they surprise us with putting cute, uplifting notes on our car.

This past week I really learned a lot about the will of the Lord. I was reading about the Liahona and it says,
" And there was also written upon them a new writing, which was plain to be read, which did give us understanding concerning the ways of the Lord; and it was written and changed from time to time, according to the faith and diligence which we gave unto it. And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things."
I read my patriarchal blessing this past week and it gave me a new understanding and helped me understand the ways of the Lord, and his plan that he has for me and that he has had for me on my mission. I feel like I have been able to find my purpose better as a missionary and what the Lord wants me to do. 

I am loving this time I have to serve the Lord and help others. This is the last week of the transfer and I am excited for another week here in Lompoc! 



**A Note from her Mom - Please pray for her safety as she travels by car!
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036


This is the direct link to her blog.