Sunday, March 1, 2020

Hope - The Anchor of My Soul

Wow! This week was a good week. 

We knocked lots of doors and taught some lessons. One person we met asked us to refill her water jug so we did.

This past week was my companions 20th birthday! 



We had a great day! 



We also had the opportunity to go to Solvang and do a "flood", which is where all the missionaries in the area go to an area and help a companionship find more people to teach. I got the opportunity to be with Sister Lee and we had a great time! 



We worked really hard this week because Sunday was our Branch Conference. We were really trying to get less actives to come and the Lord blessed us so much! We had almost 60 people at church. The Stake Relief Society President taught the lesson and asked me to translate into Spanish for her which was a wonderful blessing for me. That night we had a family home evening and 20 people came so we are super thrilled about the Branch. It is growing! 

This was the last week of the transfer and looking back I have seen so many miracles here in Lompoc. The Lord has opened the hearts of so many people and has provided so many miracles. Probably the biggest miracle has been the growth of the Banch. I found out that I will be staying in Lompoc with Hermana Eardly and I am very excited. It is crazy to me because this is my last transfer here in my mission. I can not believe it! 

This past week I had the opportunity to study about hope. There is a scripture I love! It is in 2 Nephi 31:20:
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life"


I have learned so much, not just this transfer, but all of my mission, about hope. I have learned that as I put my trust in God, I recieve more strength and hope to overcome all difficulties I face. Hope truly has been the anchor of my soul. I have seen how the teachings of Jesus Christ have given so much hope to others and how much it has given me hope as well. 

I am excited for this upcoming transfer and another week in Lompoc! 

**A Note from her Mom - Please pray for her safety as she travels by car!
She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036

This is the direct link to her blog.