Wednesday, March 18, 2020

God Always Gives Me Strength

Wow this really was really a crazy week!

With the Corona virus, we found out this week that no one would be able to attend General Conference and then we found out that church services in the whole world would be canceled. We went to a members house when we heard all about the Corona and we went to visit her and she said "Girls it's a chocolate kind of day."

Here is a picture of Hermana Eardley and I treating ourselves with some ice cream in this craziness!

And we've stocked up in case we are quarantined.



We had a conference call as a whole mission and business is as usual here. We are continuing to tract as normal and teach lessons. We just can't touch anyone, including members and missionsaires and our companions. 

It was difficult for me to focus this week, but we made a goal to focus on the work and give it 100% and God blessed us so much! We found 3 people through 3 different member referrals which was awesome! We have been going crazy giving out pamphlets and Book of Mormons.

 We had interviews with our mission President. They went really well. We were supposed to go to Santa Barbara for our Stake Conference Saturday and Sunday but since that got canceled we knocked doors for a long time. It was raining a ton but I am so glad to be with Hermana Eardley because she makes the work really fun. 


I also went on an exchange this week with Hermana Wright and we had such a fun time! We had what is probably going to be our last District exercise with the sisters.

One of our members went to go stay with her daughter in L.A so I got to say goodbye to her before I leave.

We had a mission conference call and we are going to continue to work and knock doors, and we also got permission to have a sacrament meeting with just the missionaries in our area, so on Sunday 10 of us missionaries had sacrament meeting. The Elders passed the sacrament and we had a great lesson on Come Follow Me. It was an amazing experience to look around at all of us 18-20 year olds being able to have a church service together. It was definitely a faith building experience.

A scripture that we read really stuck out to me. It is about a prophet Jacob who was called to have a lot of responsibility and how scared he was to preach the gospel and how he didn't want to be bold or tell people that they need to change and follow God. In the scriptures, it tells how God comforts him:
 "For behold, as I inquired of the Lord, thus came the word unto me, saying: Jacob, get thou up into the temple on the morrow, and declare the word which I shall give thee unto this people."
As Jacob asked God for help, God gave him a solution of what he needed to do and told him he would give him strength. I can definitely relate to Jacob. There have been so many times that I have been afraid or unsure if I could magnify my calling as a missionary, but every time, God always gives me strength to help me do my best. 

I love my mission and I am so grateful to be serving here at this time. I am excited for another week here in Lompoc! 

**A Note from her Mom - Please pray for her safety as she travels by bike and car and for her health and the health of the other missionaries she serves with.

She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036



This is the direct link to her blog