Sunday, March 15, 2020

In the Service of God

Wow this week was a very busy and long week! A lot happened! 

Tuesday was MLC. It is a missionary leadership council. It was the first time I ever went to one and it was good. I learned a lot and got to see some missionaries I haven't seen in a long time so it was really fun! I learned about how to help the sisters and hermanas who I serve with. 

Thursday I got to go on an exchange with Hermana Proenca. We had such a blast and I learned so much from her! It was the first time I had to lead out an exchange and I was super nervous but the Lord helped me so much to be calm and to be able to help her and take something out of it to apply to her area. 

Friday we had combined district council and it was great. We went to Solvang.

We decided to stay there because the Hermanas in Solvang both came in new a few weeks ago and we went so that we could tract more streets and start growing their teaching pool. 

Saturday the English ward had a party and invited the Spanish branch and it was so fun! 

Sunday I was asked to give a talk in church. Presidente of the Branch had called me a few days earlier and said he was looking at the calendar and since we will be having Stake Conference, then Fast Sunday, then General Conference, he said that this is my last Sunday in the Branch and wanted me to speak about service.
 

It was a great topic and I really learned so much as I studied about it. There is a quote by Ezra Taft Benson that I love about service. He said, 

“Men and women who turn their lives over to God will discover that He can make a lot more out of their lives than they can. He will deepen their joys, expand their vision, quicken their minds, strengthen their muscles, lift their spirits, multiply their blessings, increase their opportunities, comfort their souls, raise up friends, and pour out peace. Whoever will lose his life in the service of God will find eternal life." 

I have seen that every single one of those blessings have come since I have come out to a mission. 

Even though they all didn't come at once, they eventually came. I am loving my mission and am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve. 

I am excited for another week here in Lompoc! 

**A Note from her Mom - Please pray for her safety as she travels by bike and car and for her health and the health of the other missionaries she serves with.

She loves getting emails. This is her address:
Email: lily.pita@missionary.org (Don't reply to this blog - it is a public site)

Her mailing address is:
Hermana Lily Pita
California Ventura Mission
3301 W Gonzales Road
Oxnard, CA  93036


This is the direct link to her blog.